Services stocks finished up 0.5% on Wall Street on Monday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.4% higher, the Nasdaq rose 0.7% and the S&P 500 increased 0.4%.
Some of the biggest gainers among services stocks include:
- Infinera Corp (INFN): INFN stock is up 12.5% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Portugal Telecom Sgps S.A . (PT): PT stock is up 6.5% today on 2 times normal volume.
- St. Joe Company (JOE): JOE stock is up 6.0%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Tal Education Group (XRS): XRS stock is up 5.7% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Tripadvisor Inc (TRIP): TRIP stock is up 5.2% today.
- Yelp Inc (YELP): YELP stock is up 4.7% today.
- Hibbett Sports (HIBB): HIBB stock is up 4.0% today.
- Howard Hughes Corp (HHC): HHC stock is up 3.7% to a new 52-week high of $151.27.
- Aruba Networks (ARUN): ARUN stock is up 3.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Ctrip.Com International (CTRP): CTRP stock is up 3.5%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among services stocks include:
- Ultrapar Participacoes S.A. (UGP): UGP stock is down 4.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- America Movil S.A.B. De C.V. (AMX): AMX stock is down 4.0% today on 2 times normal volume.
- The Fresh Market (TFM): TFM stock is down 3.8% to a new 52-week low of $29.91.
- J.C. Penney Company Inc (JCP): JCP stock is down 3.8% today and down 24.8% in the last month.
- China Unicom [Hong Kong] Ltd (CHU): CHU stock is down 3.1% today.
- Nordstrom (JWN): JWN stock is down 3.0% today on 3 times normal volume.
- China Telecom Corp Ltd (CHA): CHA stock is down 2.3% today.
- China Lodging Group Limited (HTHT): HTHT stock is down 2.3% today.
- GNC Holdings Inc (GNC): GNC stock is down 1.8% today.
- Directv (DTV): DTV stock is down 1.8% today on 7 times normal volume.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.