Services stocks finished up 1.0% on Wall Street on Wednesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.8%, the Nasdaq climbed 1.0% and the S&P 500 rose 0.8%.
Some of the biggest gainers among services stocks include:
- Life Time Fitness (LTM): LTM stock is up 12.1% today on 9 times normal volume.
- Vail Resorts (MTN): MTN stock is up 4.7% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Nexstar Broadcasting Group (NXST): NXST stock is up 3.7% today.
- Penske Automotive Group (PAG): PAG stock is up 3.5% today.
- Telecom Argentina Stet – France Telecom S.A. (TEO): TEO stock is up 3.4% today.
- Live Nation Entertainment (LYV): LYV stock is up 3.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Best Buy Co. (BBY): BBY stock is up 2.8% today.
- Tripadvisor Inc (TRIP): TRIP stock is up 2.7% today.
- Home Inns & Hotels Management Inc (HMIN): HMIN stock is up 2.6% today.
- Oi S.A. Ads (OIBR): OIBR stock is up 2.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among services stocks include:
- Express Inc (EXPR): EXPR stock is down 3.3% today on 5 times normal volume.
- The Children’s Place Retail Stores (PLCE): PLCE stock is down 2.9% today.
- Chico’s Fas (CHS): CHS stock is down 2.5% to a new 52-week low of $15.18.
- Felcor Lodging Trust Inc (FCH): FCH stock is down 2.3% today.
- Cbl & Associates Properties (CBL): CBL stock is down 2.0% today.
- Healthcare Services Group (HCSG): HCSG stock is down 2.0% today.
- Lumber Liquidators Holdings Inc (LL): LL stock is down 1.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Mid-America Apartment Communities (MAA): MAA stock is down 1.9% today.
- Big Lots (BIG): BIG stock is down 1.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Dick’s Sporting Goods Inc (DKS): DKS stock is down 1.7% today on 5 times normal volume.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.