Services stocks declined broadly on Wall Street on Wednesday, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.1%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average stayed the same, the Nasdaq was down 0.3% and the S&P 500 was steady.
Some of the biggest gainers among services stocks include:
- Oi S.A. Ads (OIBR): OIBR stock is up 2.3% today.
- Tim Participacoes S.A. (TSU): TSU stock is up 1.9% today.
- Grupo Televisa S.A. (TV): TV stock is up 1.8% today.
- Stantec Inc (STN): STN stock is up 1.8%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Discovery Communications Inc (DISCB): DISCB stock is up 1.6%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Sears Holdings Corp (SHLD): SHLD stock is up 1.6% today.
- Rayonier Inc. REIT (RYN): RYN stock is up 1.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Companhia Brasileira De Distribuicao (CBD): CBD stock is up 1.5% today.
- Urban Outfitters (URBN): URBN stock is up 1.4%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Icahn Enterprises L.P. (IEP): IEP stock is up 1.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among services stocks include:
- Trimas Corp (TRS): TRS stock is down 3.0% today.
- Chico’s Fas (CHS): CHS stock is down 3.0% to a new 52-week low of $15.14.
- Carter’s Inc (CRI): CRI stock is down 2.7% today on 4 times normal volume.
- Ebay Inc (EBAY): EBAY stock is down 2.7% today.
- Apollo Group (APOL): APOL stock is down 2.6% today.
- Ascena Retail Group (ASNA): ASNA stock is down 2.5% today.
- Papa John’s International (PZZA): PZZA stock is down 2.5% today.
- New Oriental Education & Technology Group (EDU): EDU stock is down 2.4% today.
- Sotheby’s Holdings (BID): BID stock is down 2.3% today.
- Ann Inc (ANN): ANN stock is down 2.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.