Services stocks advanced 0.5% on Wall Street so far on Thursday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.3%, the Nasdaq increased 0.2% and the S&P 500 climbed 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among services stocks include:
- Walter Investment Management Corp (WAC): WAC stock is up 9.3% today.
- Centurylink (CTL): CTL stock is up 5.9% today.
- Zillow Inc. Cl A (Z): Z stock is up 3.9% today.
- Kennedy-Wilson Holdings Inc (KW): KW stock is up 4.5% today.
- Cablevision Systems Corp (CVC): CVC stock is up 4.5% today.
- China Telecom Corp Ltd (CHA): CHA stock is up 4.1%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Brown Shoe Company (BWS): BWS stock is up 3.4% today.
- Avis Budget Group (CAR): CAR stock is up 1.6% to a new 52-week high of $54.91.
- Scripps Networks Interactive Inc (SNI): SNI stock is up 3.9% today.
- Express Inc (EXPR): EXPR stock is up 3.0% today.
Some of the biggest losers among services stocks include:
- Amc Networks Inc (AMCX): AMCX stock is down 11.9% to a new 52-week low of $57.71.
- Interval Leisure Group (IILG): IILG stock is down 15.3%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Pennymac Mortgage Investment Trust (PMT): PMT stock is down 6.7% to a new 52-week low of $21.77.
- MGM Resorts International (MGM): MGM stock is down 4.3%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Las Vegas Sands (LVS): LVS stock is down 4.1%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Wynn Resorts Limited (WYNN): WYNN stock is down 2.8%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Melco Crown Entertainment Limited (MPEL): MPEL stock is down 2.0%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Telecomunicacoes De Sao Paulo S/A Ads (VIV): VIV stock is down 2.2% today.
- Directv (DTV): DTV stock is down 2.5% today.
- Korea Telecom Corp (KT): KT stock is down 1.9% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.