Technology stocks finished up broadly on Wall Street on Wednesday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.7%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.8% higher, the Nasdaq rose 1.0% and the S&P 500 increased 0.8%.
Some of the biggest gainers among technology stocks include:
- Cornerstone Ondemand Inc (CSOD): CSOD stock is up 4.1% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Arm Holdings Plc (ARMH): ARMH stock is up 3.5% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Semtech Corp (SMTC): SMTC stock is up 3.5% today.
- First Solar (FSLR): FSLR stock is up 3.0% today.
- Wex Inc (WEX): WEX stock is up 2.8% today.
- Netscout Systems (NTCT): NTCT stock is up 2.7% today.
- Advent Software (ADVS): ADVS stock is up 2.5% today.
- Proto Labs Inc (PRLB): PRLB stock is up 2.4% today.
- Asml Holding N.V. (ASML): ASML stock is up 2.4% today.
- Microstrategy Inc (MSTR): MSTR stock is up 2.1% today and up 30.1% in the last month.
Some of the biggest losers among technology stocks include:
- Dealertrack Holdings (TRAK): TRAK stock is down 1.7% today.
- Knowles Corporation Common Stoc (KN): KN stock is down 1.4%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Solarwinds Inc (SWI): SWI stock is down 1.0% today.
- Athenahealth (ATHN): ATHN stock is down 1.0% today.
- Hewlett-Packard Company (HPQ): HPQ stock is down 0.9% today.
- Hill-Rom Holdings Inc (HRC): HRC stock is down 0.8% today.
- MTS Systems Corp (MTSC): MTSC stock is down 0.7% today.
- Littelfuse (LFUS): LFUS stock is down 0.7% today.
- Nxp Semiconductors N.V. (NXPI): NXPI stock is down 0.6% today.
- Teletech Holdings (TTEC): TTEC stock is down 0.5% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.