Transportation stocks finished up 0.4% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.5% higher, the Nasdaq rose 0.6% and the S&P 500 increased 0.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among transportation stocks include:
- Golar Lng Partners LP (GMLP): GMLP stock is up 1.3% today.
- GATX Corp (GMT): GMT stock is up 1.1% today.
- Golar Lng Limited (GLNG): GLNG stock is up 0.9% to a new 52-week high of $46.75.
- Old Dominion Freight Line (ODFL): ODFL stock is up 0.8% today.
- Fedex Corp (FDX): FDX stock is up 0.7% to $144.53, near the 52-week high of $144.39.
- Landstar System (LSTR): LSTR stock is up 0.7% to $65.57, near the 52-week high of $65.60.
- United Parcel Service (UPS): UPS stock is up 0.6%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Werner Enterprises (WERN): WERN stock is up 0.5%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Uti Worldwide Inc (UTIW): UTIW stock is up 0.5%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Greenbrier Companies (GBX): GBX stock is up 0.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among transportation stocks include:
- Alexander and Baldwin Inc (ALEX): ALEX stock is down 1.5% today.
- Allegiant Travel Company (ALGT): ALGT stock is down 0.5% today.
- Kansas City Southern (KSU): KSU stock is down 0.4% today.
- Ryanair Holdings Plc (RYAAY): RYAAY stock is down 0.3% today.
- CSX Corp (CSX): CSX stock is down 0.2% today.
- Scorpio Tankers Inc (STNG): STNG stock is down 0.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.