Transportation stocks finished up 1.9% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 1.0% higher, the Nasdaq rose 1.6% and the S&P 500 climbed 1.0%.
Some of the biggest gainers among transportation stocks include:
- Jetblue Airways Corp (JBLU): JBLU stock is up 3.8%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Uti Worldwide Inc (UTIW): UTIW stock is up 3.6% today.
- Grupo Aeroportuario Del Centro (OMAB): OMAB stock is up 3.5%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Hornbeck Offshore Services (HOS): HOS stock is up 3.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Delta Air Lines Inc (DAL): DAL stock is up 2.6% today.
- Seacor Smit Inc (CKH): CKH stock is up 2.5% today.
- Amerco (UHAL): UHAL stock is up 2.2% today and up 22.3% in the last month.
- Old Dominion Freight Line (ODFL): ODFL stock is up 2.1% today.
- GATX Corp (GMT): GMT stock is up 2.0% today.
- Canadian Pacific Railway (CP): CP stock is up 1.9% to a new 52-week high of $162.26.
Only one stock in the transportation sectors showed losses:
- Navios Maritime Partners LP (NMM): NMM stock is down 0.7% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.