Utilities stocks finished up 0.3% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.5%, the Nasdaq climbed 0.6% and the S&P 500 was up 0.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Clean Energy Fuels (CLNE): CLNE stock is up 8.9% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Cheniere Energy (LNG): LNG stock is up 7.2% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Cheniere Energy Partners LP (CQP): CQP stock is up 2.4% today.
- Entergy Corp (ETR): ETR stock is up 1.2% to a new 52-week high of $75.53.
- Public Service Enterprise Group Inc (PEG): PEG stock is up 0.8% today.
- Uil Holdings Corp (UIL): UIL stock is up 0.6%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Transcananda Pipelines (TRP): TRP stock is up 0.5% today.
- Edison International (EIX): EIX stock is up 0.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- PPL Corp (PPL): PPL stock is up 0.4% to a new 52-week high of $34.78.
- Otter Tail Corp (OTTR): OTTR stock is up 0.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Atlas Energy Llc (ATLS): ATLS stock is down 2.3% today.
- Oneok Partners L.P. (OKS): OKS stock is down 1.3% today.
- Williams Partners L.P. (WPZ): WPZ stock is down 0.9% today.
- Northwestern Corp (NWE): NWE stock is down 0.9% today.
- Energy Transfer Equity LP (ETE): ETE stock is down 0.8% today.
- Allete Inc (ALE): ALE stock is down 0.6% today.
- Portland General Electric Company (POR): POR stock is down 0.6% today.
- Cleco Power Llc (CNL): CNL stock is down 0.5% today.
- Trident Performance Group (TCP): TCP stock is down 0.5% today.
- Firstenergy Corp (FE): FE stock is down 0.5% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.