Utilities stocks remained flat so far on Friday on Wall Street.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 0.1%, the Nasdaq declined 0.2% and the S&P 500 fell 0.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Centrais Elc Braz Pfb B Elbras (EBR): EBR stock is up 5.3% today.
- Cia De Saneamento Basico Do Estado (SBS): SBS stock is up 3.6% today.
- Companhia Paranaense De Energia (ELP): ELP stock is up 2.2% today.
- Huaneng Power Intl (HNP): HNP stock is up 2.4% today.
- Cpfl Energia S.A. (CPL): CPL stock is up 1.4% today.
- National Grid Transco Plc (NGG): NGG stock is up 1.1% to a new 52-week high of $73.10.
- Korea Electric Power Corp (KEP): KEP stock is up 0.9% to $20.48, near the 52-week high of $20.47.
- Energy Transfer Equity LP (ETE): ETE stock is up 0.5% today.
- Enlink Midstream Partners LP (ENLK): ENLK stock is up 0.9%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Northwest Natural Gas Company (NWN): NWN stock is up 0.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Wisconsin Energy Corp (WEC): WEC stock is down 0.9% today.
- Spectra Energy Partners LP (SEP): SEP stock is down 0.9% today.
- Covanta Holding Corp (CVA): CVA stock is down 0.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Cheniere Energy (LNG): LNG stock is down 0.8% today.
- Pacific Gas & Electric Co. (PCG): PCG stock is down 0.4% today.
- California Water Service Group Holding (CWT): CWT stock is down 0.6% today.
- American Water Works (AWK): AWK stock is down 0.5% today.
- Exelon Corp (EXC): EXC stock is down 0.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Mdu Res Group Inc (MDU): MDU stock is down 0.7%, marking the seventh consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Cheniere Energy Partners LP (CQP): CQP stock is down 0.5% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.