Utilities stocks remained flat so far on Thursday on Wall Street.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.2%, the Nasdaq rose 0.4% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.2% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Centrais Elc Braz Pfb B Elbras (EBR): EBR stock is up 1.3% today.
- Western Gas Partners LP (WES): WES stock is up 1.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Comp En De Mn Cemig Ads (CIG): CIG stock is up 0.8% today.
- Oneok Partners L.P. (OKS): OKS stock is up 1.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- NRG Energy (NRG): NRG stock is up 0.9% to a new 52-week high of $35.46.
- Exelon Corp (EXC): EXC stock is up 1.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Companhia Paranaense De Energia (ELP): ELP stock is up 1.1% today.
- Huaneng Power Intl (HNP): HNP stock is up 0.9% today.
- Empresa Nacional De Electricidad S.A. (EOC): EOC stock is up 1.0% today.
- Enlink Midstream Partners LP (ENLK): ENLK stock is up 0.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Korea Electric Power Corp (KEP): KEP stock is down 3.0% today.
- Newjersey Resources Corp (NJR): NJR stock is down 1.5% today.
- Nextera Energy (NEE): NEE stock is down 1.1% today.
- Empire District Electric Company (EDE): EDE stock is down 0.9% today.
- Cia De Saneamento Basico Do Estado (SBS): SBS stock is down 1.0% today.
- Enbridge Inc (ENB): ENB stock is down 0.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Aqua America (WTR): WTR stock is down 0.8% today.
- California Water Service Group Holding (CWT): CWT stock is down 0.7% today.
- American States Water Company (AWR): AWR stock is down 0.7% today.
- Black Hills Corp (BKH): BKH stock is down 0.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.