Utilities stocks remained flat so far on Friday on Wall Street.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 0.1%, the Nasdaq was steady and the S&P 500 fell 0.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Exelon Corp (EXC): EXC stock is up 1.4%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Dynegy Inc (DYN): DYN stock is up 1.3% to a new 52-week high of $33.26.
- American Water Works (AWK): AWK stock is up 1.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Calpine Corp (CPN): CPN stock is up 1.2% today.
- Cheniere Energy (LNG): LNG stock is up 1.0% to a new 52-week high of $63.13.
- Energy Transfer Equity LP (ETE): ETE stock is up 0.9% today.
- Huaneng Power Intl (HNP): HNP stock is up 1.0% today.
- Itc Holdings (ITC): ITC stock is up 0.7% today.
- Cpfl Energia S.A. (CPL): CPL stock is up 0.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Cia De Saneamento Basico Do Estado (SBS): SBS stock is up 0.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Avista Corp (AVA): AVA stock is down 3.1% today.
- Comp En De Mn Cemig Ads (CIG): CIG stock is down 1.9% today.
- Centrais Elc Braz Pfb B Elbras (EBR): EBR stock is down 1.0% today.
- The Aes Corp (AES): AES stock is down 0.9% today.
- Companhia Paranaense De Energia (ELP): ELP stock is down 1.0% today.
- Enbridge Inc (ENB): ENB stock is down 0.7%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Enersis S A (ENI): ENI stock is down 0.5% today.
- Firstenergy Corp (FE): FE stock is down 0.1% today.
- Kinder Morgan (KMI): KMI stock is down 0.4% today.
- Empresa Nacional De Electricidad S.A. (EOC): EOC stock is down 0.5% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.