Utilities stocks rose broadly on Wall Street on Thursday morning, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.2%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average stayed consistent, the Nasdaq rose 0.2% and the S&P 500 stayed level.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Exelon Corp (EXC): EXC stock is up 1.7% today.
- NRG Energy (NRG): NRG stock is up 1.3% today.
- PPL Corp (PPL): PPL stock is up 1.4% to a new 52-week high of $33.82.
- Mdu Res Group Inc (MDU): MDU stock is up 0.8% to a new 52-week high of $35.69.
- Itc Holdings (ITC): ITC stock is up 0.9% today.
- American Water Works (AWK): AWK stock is up 0.8% today.
- Centerpoint Energy Inc (CNP): CNP stock is up 0.8% today.
- Wisconsin Energy Corp (WEC): WEC stock is up 0.7% to a new 52-week high of $48.80.
- Companhia Paranaense De Energia (ELP): ELP stock is up 0.7% today.
- Markwest Energy Partners LP (MWE): MWE stock is up 0.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Targa Resources (TRGP): TRGP stock is down 1.6% today.
- Enlink Midstream Partners LP (ENLK): ENLK stock is down 1.0% today.
- Southern Company (SO): SO stock is down 1.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Newjersey Resources Corp (NJR): NJR stock is down 1.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- El Paso Electric Company (EE): EE stock is down 1.0% today.
- Trident Performance Group (TCP): TCP stock is down 1.2% today.
- Exterran Partners L.P. (EXLP): EXLP stock is down 1.2% today.
- Centrais Elc Braz Pfb B Elbras (EBR): EBR stock is down 1.2% today.
- Energy Transfer Partners (ETP): ETP stock is down 0.9% today.
- WGL Holdings Inc (WGL): WGL stock is down 0.8% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.