Utilities stocks declined broadly on Wall Street on Thursday, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 1.1%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.1%, the Nasdaq stayed the same and the S&P 500 declined 0.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Exterran Partners L.P. (EXLP): EXLP stock is up 1.6% today.
- Markwest Energy Partners LP (MWE): MWE stock is up 1.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Westar Energy (WR): WR stock is up 0.5% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Avista Corp (AVA): AVA stock is up 0.6% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Spectra Energy Partners LP (SEP): SEP stock is down 3.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- One Gas Inc. (OGS): OGS stock is down 2.4% today.
- American States Water Company (AWR): AWR stock is down 2.3%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Atmos Energy Corp (ATO): ATO stock is down 2.2% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Cia De Saneamento Basico Do Estado (SBS): SBS stock is down 2.2% today.
- Mdu Res Group Inc (MDU): MDU stock is down 2.0% today.
- Wisconsin Energy Corp (WEC): WEC stock is down 1.8% today.
- Trident Performance Group (TCP): TCP stock is down 1.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Dcp Midstream Partners LP (DPM): DPM stock is down 1.8% today.
- Uil Holdings Corp (UIL): UIL stock is down 1.6% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.