Utilities stocks finished up broadly on Wall Street on Friday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.3%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 0.3%, the Nasdaq rose 0.7% and the S&P 500 was up 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Itc Holdings (ITC): ITC stock is up 1.6% today.
- Northwestern Corp (NWE): NWE stock is up 1.6% today.
- Cheniere Energy (LNG): LNG stock is up 1.4% today.
- WGL Holdings Inc (WGL): WGL stock is up 1.4%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Centerpoint Energy Inc (CNP): CNP stock is up 1.4% today.
- American Electric Power Company (AEP): AEP stock is up 1.3% today.
- Aqua America (WTR): WTR stock is up 1.3% today.
- Avista Corp (AVA): AVA stock is up 1.3% today.
- Southwest Gas Corp (SWX): SWX stock is up 1.2% today.
- Uil Holdings Corp (UIL): UIL stock is up 1.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Calpine Corp (CPN): CPN stock is down 0.5%, marking the seventh consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Williams Partners L.P. (WPZ): WPZ stock is down 0.4% today.
- Markwest Energy Partners LP (MWE): MWE stock is down 0.3% today.
- Potomac Electric Power Company (POM): POM stock is down 0.3% today and down 27.7% in the last month.
- Dcp Midstream Partners LP (DPM): DPM stock is down 0.3% today.
- Transcananda Pipelines (TRP): TRP stock is down 0.1% today.
- Oneok Inc (OKE): OKE stock is down 0.1% today.
- Enlink Midstream Partners LP (ENLK): ENLK stock is down 0.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.