Google (GOOG) updated the company’s Maps app in order to make traveling more convenient and enjoyable.
The app’s update offers a variety of new options to its users. Here are some of most notable features of the new Maps app.
- Uber integration: Google’s new Maps app is linked up with Uber. A card for Uber will appear in the user’s options so they can compare their walking and driving options and choose the best route. This feature applies to 24 of Uber’s biggest cities and more.
- Train schedules: The new Maps app also offers access to train schedules in order to help users navigate through train and subway systems.
- Offline support: One of the coolest updates is offline support. The Google Maps app now allows you to save certain maps for offline use.
- Filters: The app also offers filters that help users narrow down what restaurants, bars and hotels are right for them based on hours, ratings and price.
More Google News
- GOOG: Google Expands Same-Day Shopping
- GOOG: The Company Will Stop Scanning G-Mail Accounts of Students
- Google Wallet Pushes Forward in Online Payments Race
- Report: Is Square Mulling a Sale to the Tech Giant?
- The Company Just Became a Real Problem for Online Travel Agents
- Will Glass Explode on the Luxottica ‘Cool’ Factor?