Basic materials stocks rose broadly on Wall Street on Wednesday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.5%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 0.8%, the Nasdaq pushed 1.0% higher and the S&P 500 rose 0.8%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Hudbay Minerals Inc (HBM): HBM stock is up 2.9% to a new 52-week high of $9.51.
- RBC Bearings Inc (ROLL): ROLL stock is up 1.9% today.
- Ferro Corp (FOE): FOE stock is up 1.6% today.
- Kapstone Paper and Packaging Corp (KS): KS stock is up 1.5% today.
- Polyone Corp (POL): POL stock is up 1.5% today.
- Cabot Corp (CBT): CBT stock is up 1.4% today.
- Green Plains Renewable Energy (GPRE): GPRE stock is up 1.3% today.
- Dover Corp (DOV): DOV stock is up 1.2% today.
- International Flavors & Fragrances (IFF): IFF stock is up 1.2% today.
- Lyondellbasell Industries Nv (LYB): LYB stock is up 1.2% to a new 52-week high of $98.16.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Rexnord Corp (RXN): RXN stock is down 1.2% today.
- Agrium Inc (AGU): AGU stock is down 1.0% today.
- Olin Corp (OLN): OLN stock is down 0.9% today.
- Methanex Corp (MEOH): MEOH stock is down 0.7%, marking the seventh consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- W.R. Grace & Company (GRA): GRA stock is down 0.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Minerals Technologies Inc (MTX): MTX stock is down 0.6% today.
- Greif Bros. Corp (GEF.B): GEF.B stock is down 0.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Stepan Company (SCL): SCL stock is down 0.5% today.
- Freeport-Mcmoran Copper & Gold (FCX): FCX stock is down 0.5% today.
- Carpenter Technology Corp (CRS): CRS stock is down 0.5% today on 2 times normal volume.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.