Basic materials stocks declined 0.4% on Wall Street so far on Friday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average remained flat, the Nasdaq was down 0.1% and the S&P 500 was steady.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Harmony Gold Mining Co. Ltd (HMY): HMY stock is up 2.6% today.
- Raven Industries (RAVN): RAVN stock is up 0.9% today.
- Trex Company (TREX): TREX stock is up 1.6% today.
- W.R. Grace & Company (GRA): GRA stock is up 1.5% today.
- Sociedad Quimica Y Minera S.A. (SQM): SQM stock is up 1.2% today.
- Copene-Petroquimica Do Nordeste (BAK): BAK stock is up 1.1% today.
- Potash Corp. of Saskatchewan Inc (POT): POT stock is up 1.1% today.
- Georgia Gulf Corp (AXLL): AXLL stock is up 1.4% today.
- Weyerhaeuser Company (WY): WY stock is up 0.8% today.
- Intrepid Potash Inc (IPI): IPI stock is up 0.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Cliffs Natural Resources Inc (CLF): CLF stock is down 4.1% today.
- Rio Tinto Plc (RIO): RIO stock is down 2.7% today.
- Vale S.A. (VALE): VALE stock is down 2.0% today.
- Bhp Billiton Plc (BBL): BBL stock is down 1.8% today.
- United States Steel Corp (X): X stock is down 1.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Century Aluminum Company (CENX): CENX stock is down 1.3%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Freeport-Mcmoran Copper & Gold (FCX): FCX stock is down 1.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- FMC Corp (FMC): FMC stock is down 1.5% today.
- Silver Wheaton Corp (SLW): SLW stock is down 1.2% today.
- Newmont Mining Corp (NEM): NEM stock is down 1.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.