Basic materials stocks finished flat on Friday on Wall Street.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.1%, the Nasdaq was up 0.4% and the S&P 500 increased 0.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Mueller Industries (MLI): MLI stock is up 1.6% today.
- Stepan Company (SCL): SCL stock is up 1.6% today.
- Sherwin-Williams Company (SHW): SHW stock is up 1.2% today.
- Lyondellbasell Industries Nv (LYB): LYB stock is up 1.1% today.
- Balchem Corp (BCPC): BCPC stock is up 1.0% today.
- RBC Bearings Inc (ROLL): ROLL stock is up 1.0% today.
- Mueller Water Products (MWA): MWA stock is up 0.9% today.
- Ball Corp (BLL): BLL stock is up 0.9% to a new 52-week high of $58.64.
- Albany International Corp (AIN): AIN stock is up 0.9% today.
- A. Schulman (SHLM): SHLM stock is up 0.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Copene-Petroquimica Do Nordeste (BAK): BAK stock is down 3.1% today.
- Fibria Celulose S.A. (FBR): FBR stock is down 2.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Cf Industries Holdings (CF): CF stock is down 2.4% today.
- Steel Dynamics (STLD): STLD stock is down 1.8% today.
- Sociedad Quimica Y Minera S.A. (SQM): SQM stock is down 1.4% today.
- Vale S.A. (VALE): VALE stock is down 1.0% today.
- Ashland Inc (ASH): ASH stock is down 1.0% today.
- Bhp Billiton Limited (BHP): BHP stock is down 1.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Celanese Corp (CE): CE stock is down 1.0%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Rexnord Corp (RXN): RXN stock is down 1.0% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.