Basic materials stocks fell on Wall Street so far on Monday, down 0.3%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 0.5%, the Nasdaq fell 0.5% and the S&P 500 declined 0.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Murphy USA Inc. Common Stock Wh (MUSA): MUSA stock is up 4.1% today.
- Aurico Gold Inc (AUQ): AUQ stock is up 1.9% today.
- Harmony Gold Mining Co. Ltd (HMY): HMY stock is up 1.8% today.
- Eldorado Gold Corp (EGO): EGO stock is up 2.1% today.
- Pan American Silver (PAAS): PAAS stock is up 1.7% today.
- National Steel Corp (SID): SID stock is up 2.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- New Gold Inc (NGD): NGD stock is up 1.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Gold Fields Ltd (GFI): GFI stock is up 1.4% today.
- Hecla Mining Company (HL): HL stock is up 1.3% today.
- First Majestic Silver (AG): AG stock is up 1.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Trex Company (TREX): TREX stock is down 6.5% today.
- Stepan Company (SCL): SCL stock is down 2.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- United States Steel Corp (X): X stock is down 2.5% today.
- Balchem Corp (BCPC): BCPC stock is down 2.6% today.
- Sinopec Shangai Petrochemical Company Ltd (SHI): SHI stock is down 2.3% to a new 52-week low of $23.94.
- Raven Industries (RAVN): RAVN stock is down 1.9% today.
- Quaker Chemical Corp (KWR): KWR stock is down 2.2% today.
- Polypore International Inc (PPO): PPO stock is down 1.9% today.
- Enpro Industries (NPO): NPO stock is down 1.4% today.
- Glatfelter (GLT): GLT stock is down 2.0% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.