Basic materials stocks fell 0.4% on Wall Street on Friday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 0.2%, the Nasdaq fell 0.2% and the S&P 500 declined 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Polypore International Inc (PPO): PPO stock is up 14.9% today.
- Valhi Inc (VHI): VHI stock is up 4.1% today.
- Pan American Silver (PAAS): PAAS stock is up 3.4% today.
- Murphy USA Inc. Common Stock Wh (MUSA): MUSA stock is up 1.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Compania Mina Buenaventura S.A. (BVN): BVN stock is up 1.3% today.
- Aluminum Corporation of China Ltd (ACH): ACH stock is up 0.9% today.
- Calgon Carbon Corp (CCC): CCC stock is up 0.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Kinross Gold Corp (KGC): KGC stock is up 0.8% today.
- Barrick Gold Corp (ABX): ABX stock is up 0.5% today.
- Matthews International Corp (MATW): MATW stock is up 0.6% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Ternium S.A. (TX): TX stock is down 3.2% today.
- Arcelormittal (MT): MT stock is down 2.9% today.
- Sinopec Shangai Petrochemical Company Ltd (SHI): SHI stock is down 2.1% to a new 52-week low of $22.88.
- Cvr Partners LP Common Units R (UAN): UAN stock is down 1.2%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Carpenter Technology Corp (CRS): CRS stock is down 2.0% today.
- United States Steel Corp (X): X stock is down 2.0% today.
- Gerdau S.A. (GGB): GGB stock is down 1.5% today.
- Allegheny Technologies Inc (ATI): ATI stock is down 1.4% today.
- Gold Fields Ltd (GFI): GFI stock is down 1.7% today.
- Sasol Ltd (SSL): SSL stock is down 1.5% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.