Basic materials stocks finished flat today on Wall Street.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average stayed level, the Nasdaq stayed consistent and the S&P 500 stayed the same.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Grupo Simec S.A. De C.V. (SIM): SIM stock is up 2.1% today.
- Valhi Inc (VHI): VHI stock is up 2.0% today.
- Intrepid Potash Inc (IPI): IPI stock is up 1.7% today and up 20.6% in the last month.
- Graphic Packaging Holding Company (GPK): GPK stock is up 1.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Mosaic Company (MOS): MOS stock is up 1.1% today.
- Monsanto Company (MON): MON stock is up 0.8% today.
- Enpro Industries (NPO): NPO stock is up 0.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Teck Resources Ltd (TCK): TCK stock is up 0.5% today.
- Bhp Billiton Plc (BBL): BBL stock is up 0.4% to $66.09, near the 52-week high of $66.29.
- Innospec Inc (IOSP): IOSP stock is up 0.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Wd-40 Company (WDFC): WDFC stock is down 2.4% today.
- RBC Bearings Inc (ROLL): ROLL stock is down 2.3% today.
- Quaker Chemical Corp (KWR): KWR stock is down 2.2% today.
- Anglogold Ashanti Ltd (AU): AU stock is down 1.9% today.
- Royal Gold (RGLD): RGLD stock is down 1.9% today.
- Gold Fields Ltd (GFI): GFI stock is down 1.8% today.
- Agnico-Eagle Mines Limited (AEM): AEM stock is down 1.7% today.
- Kaiser Aluminum Corp (KALU): KALU stock is down 1.7% today.
- Eldorado Gold Corp (EGO): EGO stock is down 1.7% today.
- Harmony Gold Mining Co. Ltd (HMY): HMY stock is down 1.6% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.