Basic materials stocks advanced 0.6% on Wall Street so far on Monday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.1%, the Nasdaq increased 0.2% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.1% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Valspar Corp (VAL): VAL stock is up 3.2% today.
- Stillwater Mining Company (SWC): SWC stock is up 3.3% to a new 52-week high of $16.82.
- Anglogold Ashanti Ltd (AU): AU stock is up 2.5% today.
- Gold Fields Ltd (GFI): GFI stock is up 2.8% today.
- Ferro Corp (FOE): FOE stock is up 2.2% today.
- RPM International Inc (RPM): RPM stock is up 1.8% today.
- Huntsman Corp (HUN): HUN stock is up 1.5% today.
- Sociedad Quimica Y Minera S.A. (SQM): SQM stock is up 1.4% today.
- Westlake Chemical Corp (WLK): WLK stock is up 1.5% today.
- Quaker Chemical Corp (KWR): KWR stock is up 1.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Fibria Celulose S.A. (FBR): FBR stock is down 3.6% to a new 52-week low of $9.61.
- Domtar Corp (UFS): UFS stock is down 2.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Vale S.A. (VALE): VALE stock is down 1.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Rio Tinto Plc (RIO): RIO stock is down 1.5% today.
- National Steel Corp (SID): SID stock is down 1.2% today.
- Copene-Petroquimica Do Nordeste (BAK): BAK stock is down 1.4% today.
- Greif Bros. Corp (GEF.B): GEF.B stock is down 1.3% today.
- Gerdau S.A. (GGB): GGB stock is down 1.6% today.
- Barrick Gold Corp (ABX): ABX stock is down 1.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Bhp Billiton Limited (BHP): BHP stock is down 0.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.