Capital goods stocks rose 0.2% on Wall Street on Thursday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.2%, the Nasdaq pushed 0.3% higher and the S&P 500 climbed 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among capital goods stocks include:
- James Hardie Industries Se (JHX): JHX stock is up 4.3% today.
- Empresas Ica Soc Contrladora (ICA): ICA stock is up 2.9% today and up 23.7% in the last month.
- Exelis Inc. Common Stock New Wh (XLS): XLS stock is up 1.3% today.
- D.R. Horton (DHI): DHI stock is up 1.8% today.
- KB Home (KBH): KBH stock is up 1.8% today.
- Lennar Corp (LEN.B): LEN.B stock is up 1.1% today.
- Lindsay Corp (LNN): LNN stock is up 1.1% today.
- Pultegroup (PHM): PHM stock is up 1.5% today.
- KBR Inc (KBR): KBR stock is up 1.3% today.
- Ryland Group (RYL): RYL stock is up 1.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among capital goods stocks include:
- Heico Cp Cl A (HEI.A): HEI.A stock is down 1.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Heico Corp (HEI): HEI stock is down 0.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Jacobs Engineering Group Inc (JEC): JEC stock is down 0.4% today.
- Vulcan Materials Company (VMC): VMC stock is down 0.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Sensata Technologies Holding N.V. (ST): ST stock is down 0.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- CRH Plc (CRH): CRH stock is down 0.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.