Consumer cyclical stocks finished up 0.7% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.3% higher, the Nasdaq was up 0.7% and the S&P 500 increased 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among consumer cyclical stocks include:
- Select Comfort Corp (SCSS): SCSS stock is up 2.1% today.
- Herman Miller (MLHR): MLHR stock is up 1.6% today.
- Hon Industries Inc (HNI): HNI stock is up 1.5% today.
- Nike Inc (NKE): NKE stock is up 1.4% today.
- Steelcase Inc (SCS): SCS stock is up 1.3% today.
- Clarcor Inc (CLC): CLC stock is up 1.3% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Whirlpool Corp (WHR): WHR stock is up 1.3% today.
- Borgwarner Inc (BWA): BWA stock is up 1.1% today.
- Shutterfly (SFLY): SFLY stock is up 1.1% today.
- Wolverine World Wide (WWW): WWW stock is up 1.0% today.
Some of the biggest losers among consumer cyclical stocks include:
- Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company (GT): GT stock is down 0.5% today and down 28.2% in the last month.
- Trw Automotive Holdings Corp (TRW): TRW stock is down 0.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Visteon Corp (VC): VC stock is down 0.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Allison Transmission Holdings (ALSN): ALSN stock is down 0.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.