Consumer cyclical stocks rose 0.3% on Wall Street on Thursday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 0.1%, the Nasdaq stayed consistent and the S&P 500 fell 0.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among consumer cyclical stocks include:
- V.F. Corp (VFC): VFC stock is up 1.3% today.
- Wolverine World Wide (WWW): WWW stock is up 1.3% today.
- Nike Inc (NKE): NKE stock is up 1.2% today.
- Dunkin’ Brands Group Inc (DNKN): DNKN stock is up 1.1% today.
- Sturm Ruger & Company (RGR): RGR stock is up 1.1% today.
- Johnson Controls (JCI): JCI stock is up 0.9% today.
- Steven Madden (SHOO): SHOO stock is up 0.7% today.
- Vera Bradley (VRA): VRA stock is up 0.6% to a new 52-week high of $29.51.
- Konami Corp (KNM): KNM stock is up 0.6% today on 4 times normal volume.
- Shanda Games Limited (GAME): GAME stock is up 0.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among consumer cyclical stocks include:
- Hyster-Yale Materials Handling (HY): HY stock is down 3.1% today.
- Quiksilver (ZQK): ZQK stock is down 2.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Pool Corp (POOL): POOL stock is down 2.0% today.
- Iconix Brand Group (ICON): ICON stock is down 1.8% today.
- Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company (GT): GT stock is down 1.8% today and down 27.6% in the last month.
- Harman International Industries Inc (HAR): HAR stock is down 1.7%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- G-III Apparel Group (GIII): GIII stock is down 1.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Oxford Industries (OXM): OXM stock is down 1.3%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Delphi Automotive Plc (DLPH): DLPH stock is down 1.3% today.
- Drew Industries Inc (DW): DW stock is down 1.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.