Consumer cyclical stocks finished up 0.4% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.5% higher, the Nasdaq increased 0.6% and the S&P 500 climbed 0.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among consumer cyclical stocks include:
- Vera Bradley (VRA): VRA stock is up 1.5% today.
- Allison Transmission Holdings (ALSN): ALSN stock is up 1.1% today.
- W.W. Grainger (GWW): GWW stock is up 0.8% today.
- Tenneco Automotive (TEN): TEN stock is up 0.8% to a new 52-week high of $64.44.
- Rush Enterprises (RUSHB): RUSHB stock is up 0.8% today.
- Rush Enterprises (RUSHA): RUSHA stock is up 0.8% today.
- Autoliv Inc (ALV): ALV stock is up 0.6% to a new 52-week high of $105.89.
- Harman International Industries Inc (HAR): HAR stock is up 0.6% today.
- Gildan Activewear (GIL): GIL stock is up 0.5% today.
- Brunswick Corp (BC): BC stock is up 0.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among consumer cyclical stocks include:
- Oxford Industries (OXM): OXM stock is down 1.0% today.
- Paccar Inc (PCAR): PCAR stock is down 0.7% today.
- Pool Corp (POOL): POOL stock is down 0.6% today.
- Tempur-Pedic International Inc (TPX): TPX stock is down 0.5% today.
- Genuine Parts Company (GPC): GPC stock is down 0.5% today.
- General Motors Company (GM): GM stock is down 0.4% today.
- Columbia Sportswear Company (COLM): COLM stock is down 0.4% today.
- La-Z-Boy Inc (LZB): LZB stock is down 0.3% today.
- Delphi Automotive Plc (DLPH): DLPH stock is down 0.3% today.
- Stanley Black & Decker Inc (SWK): SWK stock is down 0.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.