Consumer noncyclical stocks fell 0.5% on Wall Street on Thursday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 0.7%, the Nasdaq declined 0.5% and the S&P 500 fell 0.7%.
Some of the biggest gainers among consumer noncyclical stocks include:
- Diageo Plc (DEO): DEO stock is up 1.2%, marking the ninth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Seaboard Corp (SEB): SEB stock is up 1.1% today.
- Industrias Bachoco S.A. De C.V. (IBA): IBA stock is up 1.0% today.
- Pilgrim’s Pride Corp (PPC): PPC stock is up 0.6% today.
- Unilever Plc (UL): UL stock is up 0.8% to a new 52-week high of $44.97.
- Embotell Andna Sa B (AKO.B): AKO.B stock is up 0.6% today.
- Unilever Nv (UN): UN stock is up 0.6% to a new 52-week high of $43.40.
- British American Tobacco Industries (BTI): BTI stock is up 0.4% today.
- Philip Morris International Inc (PM): PM stock is up 0.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among consumer noncyclical stocks include:
- The Whitewave Foods Company (WWAV): WWAV stock is down 3.2% today.
- Flowers Foods (FLO): FLO stock is down 3.1% today.
- Post Holdings Inc. (POST): POST stock is down 2.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Avon Products (AVP): AVP stock is down 1.9% today.
- Mead Johnson Nutrition Company (MJN): MJN stock is down 2.1% today.
- Deluxe Corp (DLX): DLX stock is down 2.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- United Stationers Inc (USTR): USTR stock is down 1.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Owens Corning Inc (OC): OC stock is down 1.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Bunge Limited (BG): BG stock is down 1.3% today.
- Treehouse Foods (THS): THS stock is down 1.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.