Consumer noncyclical stocks advanced 0.3% on Wall Street so far on Tuesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.5%, the Nasdaq rose 0.6% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.5% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among consumer noncyclical stocks include:
- Pilgrim’s Pride Corp (PPC): PPC stock is up 3.7% to a new 52-week high of $26.03.
- Hormel Foods Corp (HRL): HRL stock is up 3.5% today.
- Tyson Foods (TSN): TSN stock is up 2.8% today.
- Keurig Green Mountain Inc. (GMCR): GMCR stock is up 2.2% today and up 25.0% in the last month.
- Sanderson Farms (SAFM): SAFM stock is up 2.6% to a new 52-week high of $87.37.
- The Andersons (ANDE): ANDE stock is up 1.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Starbucks Corp (SBUX): SBUX stock is up 1.4%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- J & J Snack Foods (JJSF): JJSF stock is up 1.3%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- B&G Foods Holdings (BGS): BGS stock is up 1.3% today.
- Embotell Andina Sa A (AKO.A): AKO.A stock is up 1.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among consumer noncyclical stocks include:
- Lancaster Colony Corp (LANC): LANC stock is down 0.9% today.
- Industrias Bachoco S.A. De C.V. (IBA): IBA stock is down 0.7% today.
- Revlon Inc (REV): REV stock is down 0.4% today.
- Owens Corning Inc (OC): OC stock is down 0.5% today.
- Avon Products (AVP): AVP stock is down 0.2% today.
- Conagra Foods (CAG): CAG stock is down 0.3% today.
- Coca-Cola Company (KO): KO stock is down 0.1% today.
- The Whitewave Foods Company (WWAV): WWAV stock is down 0.3% today.
- Procter & Gamble Company (PG): PG stock is down 0.1% today.
- Clorox Company (CLX): CLX stock is down 0.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.