Consumer noncyclical stocks rose 0.2% on Wall Street so far on Friday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average stayed consistent, the Nasdaq declined 0.1% and the S&P 500 was unchanged.
Some of the biggest gainers among consumer noncyclical stocks include:
- Sanderson Farms (SAFM): SAFM stock is up 2.1%, marking the seventh consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Coca Cola Hellenic Bottling Co (CCH): CCH stock is up 1.9% today.
- Campbell Soup Company (CPB): CPB stock is up 1.6% today.
- Lorillard Inc (LO): LO stock is up 1.2% today.
- Gruma S.A. De C.V. (GMK): GMK stock is up 1.2% to a new 52-week high of $41.18.
- Nu Skin Enterprises (NUS): NUS stock is up 0.7% today.
- Pilgrim’s Pride Corp (PPC): PPC stock is up 0.9% today.
- Keurig Green Mountain Inc. (GMCR): GMCR stock is up 0.6% today and up 20.8% in the last month.
- Universal Corp (UVV): UVV stock is up 0.7% today.
- Hormel Foods Corp (HRL): HRL stock is up 0.7% today.
Some of the biggest losers among consumer noncyclical stocks include:
- Brf-Brasil Foods S.A. (BRFS): BRFS stock is down 1.5% today.
- Embotell Andna Sa B (AKO.B): AKO.B stock is down 1.2% today.
- Seaboard Corp (SEB): SEB stock is down 0.9% today.
- Avon Products (AVP): AVP stock is down 0.8% today.
- Dean Foods Company (DF): DF stock is down 0.8% today.
- Newell Rubbermaid Inc (NWL): NWL stock is down 0.7% today.
- Boston Beer Company (SAM): SAM stock is down 0.7% today.
- The Andersons (ANDE): ANDE stock is down 0.6% today.
- Fomento Economico Mexicano S.A.B. De C.V. (FMX): FMX stock is down 0.6% today.
- Lancaster Colony Corp (LANC): LANC stock is down 0.5% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.