Consumer noncyclical stocks finished up 0.6% on Wall Street on Friday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.3%, the Nasdaq climbed 0.7% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.3% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among consumer noncyclical stocks include:
- Boston Beer Company (SAM): SAM stock is up 2.5% today.
- Lancaster Colony Corp (LANC): LANC stock is up 1.8% today.
- Starbucks Corp (SBUX): SBUX stock is up 1.6% today.
- Universal Corp (UVV): UVV stock is up 1.5% today.
- Darling International Inc (DAR): DAR stock is up 1.4% today.
- Unilever Plc (UL): UL stock is up 1.2% to a new 52-week high of $45.52.
- Unilever Nv (UN): UN stock is up 1.2% to a new 52-week high of $43.97.
- B&G Foods Holdings (BGS): BGS stock is up 1.2% today.
- Fresh Del Monte Produce (FDP): FDP stock is up 1.2% today.
- Brown Forman Inc A (BF.A): BF.A stock is up 1.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.