Energy stocks declined broadly on Wall Street on Thursday, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.2%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was steady, the Nasdaq was up 0.3% and the S&P 500 was unchanged.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Atlas Pipeline Partners L.P. (APL): APL stock is up 1.9%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Enbridge Energy L.P. (EEP): EEP stock is up 1.6%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Legacy Reserves LP (LGCY): LGCY stock is up 1.5% today.
- Qr Energy LP (QRE): QRE stock is up 1.4% today.
- Tesoro Petroleum Corp (TSO): TSO stock is up 1.4% today.
- Nustar Gp Holdings Llc (NSH): NSH stock is up 1.1% today.
- Alliance Resource Partners L.P. (ARLP): ARLP stock is up 1.2%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Ross Group Plc (RGP): RGP stock is up 1.2% today.
- Cloud Peak Energy Inc (CLD): CLD stock is up 1.1% today.
- Ferrellgas Partners L.P. (FGP): FGP stock is up 1.2%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Matador Resources Company (MTDR): MTDR stock is down 4.1% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Basic Energy Services (BAS): BAS stock is down 3.6% today.
- Magnum Hunter Resources Corp (MHR): MHR stock is down 3.5% today.
- Whiting Petroleum Corp (WLL): WLL stock is down 3.3% today.
- W&T Offshore (WTI): WTI stock is down 3.2% today.
- Pdc Energy Inc (PDCE): PDCE stock is down 3.0% today.
- Bonanza Creek Energy Inc (BCEI): BCEI stock is down 2.7% today.
- Goodrich Petroleum Corp (GDP): GDP stock is down 2.6% today and down 54.5% in the last month.
- Tidewater Inc (TDW): TDW stock is down 2.5% today.
- Carrizo Oil & Gas (CRZO): CRZO stock is down 2.5% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.