Energy stocks advanced 0.3% on Wall Street so far on Tuesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.3%, the Nasdaq declined 0.2% and the S&P 500 fell 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Bill Barrett Corp (BBG): BBG stock is up 9.1%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Anadarko Petroleum Corp (APC): APC stock is up 4.7% to a new 52-week high of $104.16.
- Eog Resources (EOG): EOG stock is up 4.5% today.
- Oasis Petroleum Inc (OAS): OAS stock is up 4.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Exterran Holdings (EXH): EXH stock is up 3.1% today.
- Sm Energy Company (SM): SM stock is up 3.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Carrizo Oil & Gas (CRZO): CRZO stock is up 3.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Magnum Hunter Resources Corp (MHR): MHR stock is up 2.5% today.
- Kosmos Energy Ltd (KOS): KOS stock is up 2.2% today.
- Holly Energy Partners L.P. (HEP): HEP stock is up 1.9%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Stone Energy Corp (SGY): SGY stock is down 9.1% today.
- Rosetta Resources Inc (ROSE): ROSE stock is down 6.9% today.
- Goodrich Petroleum Corp (GDP): GDP stock is down 3.7% today and down 36.4% in the last month.
- Martin Midstream Partners L.P. (MMLP): MMLP stock is down 2.2% today.
- Ross Group Plc (RGP): RGP stock is down 2.0% today.
- Enbridge Energy Management Llc (EEQ): EEQ stock is down 2.0% today.
- Atlas Pipeline Partners L.P. (APL): APL stock is down 2.1% today.
- Access Midstream Partners L.P. (ACMP): ACMP stock is down 1.3% today.
- Cloud Peak Energy Inc (CLD): CLD stock is down 2.0% today.
- Frank’s International N.V. (FI): FI stock is down 1.4%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.