Energy stocks rose 0.1% on Wall Street so far on Wednesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.3%, the Nasdaq declined 0.3% and the S&P 500 was down 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Cosan Limited (CZZ): CZZ stock is up 2.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Advantage Oil & Gas Ltd (AAV): AAV stock is up 1.9% today.
- Basic Energy Services (BAS): BAS stock is up 1.0% today.
- Gulfport Energy Corp (GPOR): GPOR stock is up 1.8% today.
- Alpha Natural Resources (ANR): ANR stock is up 1.1% today.
- Penn West Petroleum Ltd (PWE): PWE stock is up 2.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Oiltanking Partners L.P. (OILT): OILT stock is up 1.2% to a new 52-week high of $89.81.
- Encana Corp (ECA): ECA stock is up 1.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Core Laboratories N.V. (CLB): CLB stock is up 1.1% today.
- Patterson-Uti Energy (PTEN): PTEN stock is up 1.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Delek US Holdings (DK): DK stock is down 4.6% today.
- Royal Dutch Shell (RDS.B): RDS.B stock is down 1.8% today.
- Martin Midstream Partners L.P. (MMLP): MMLP stock is down 1.5% to a new 52-week low of $39.71.
- Royal Dutch Shell Plc (RDS.A): RDS.A stock is down 1.7% today.
- Magnum Hunter Resources Corp (MHR): MHR stock is down 0.8% today.
- Western Refining (WNR): WNR stock is down 1.4% today.
- Alon USA Energy (ALJ): ALJ stock is down 2.1% today.
- Interoil Corp (IOC): IOC stock is down 1.0% today.
- Marathon Petroleum Corp (MPC): MPC stock is down 1.2% today.
- Tesoro Petroleum Corp (TSO): TSO stock is down 0.8% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.