Energy stocks declined 0.2% on Wall Street so far on Thursday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.3% higher, the Nasdaq climbed 0.3% and the S&P 500 rose 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Halcon Resources (HK): HK stock is up 7.2% today and up 26.6% in the last month.
- Qep Resources (QEP): QEP stock is up 5.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Calumet Specialty Products (CLMT): CLMT stock is up 3.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Seadrill Limited (SDRL): SDRL stock is up 2.7%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Exco Resources NL (XCO): XCO stock is up 1.8% today.
- Transocean Inc (RIG): RIG stock is up 1.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Suburban Propane Partners L.P. (SPH): SPH stock is up 1.1% today.
- Sandridge Energy Inc (SD): SD stock is up 1.6% today.
- Cnooc Limited (CEO): CEO stock is up 1.3% today.
- Flotek Industries (FTK): FTK stock is up 1.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Gulfport Energy Corp (GPOR): GPOR stock is down 18.2% today.
- Unit Corp (UNT): UNT stock is down 5.8% today.
- Compagnie Generale De Gephysqu (CGG): CGG stock is down 5.1% to a new 52-week low of $14.39.
- Cobalt International Energy (CIE): CIE stock is down 4.2%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Stone Energy Corp (SGY): SGY stock is down 3.3% today.
- Atlas Resource Partners L.P. C (ARP): ARP stock is down 3.4%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Hollyfrontier Corp (HFC): HFC stock is down 2.4% today.
- Diamondback Energy Inc (FANG): FANG stock is down 3.2% today and down 116.0% in the last month.
- Magnum Hunter Resources Corp (MHR): MHR stock is down 2.7%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Plains All American Pipeline L.P. (PAA): PAA stock is down 1.7% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.