Financial stocks rose 1.0% on Wall Street on Monday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 1.0%, the Nasdaq pushed 1.6% higher and the S&P 500 climbed 1.0%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Altisource Portfolio Solutions S.A. (ASPS): ASPS stock is up 4.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- MBIA Inc (MBI): MBI stock is up 3.9% today.
- Stifel Financial Corp (SF): SF stock is up 3.6% today.
- Lpl Investment Holdings Inc (LPLA): LPLA stock is up 3.6% today.
- Och-Ziff Capital Management (OZM): OZM stock is up 3.4% today.
- Cno Financial Group (CNO): CNO stock is up 3.1%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- SLM Corp (SLM): SLM stock is up 3.1% today.
- Ocwen Financial Corp (OCN): OCN stock is up 3.0% today.
- Humana Inc (HUM): HUM stock is up 3.0% to a new 52-week high of $123.62.
- Janus Capital Group Inc (JNS): JNS stock is up 2.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Grupo Financiero Galicia S.A. (GGAL): GGAL stock is down 2.3% today.
- Prospect Capital Corp (PSEC): PSEC stock is down 0.9% to a new 52-week low of $10.05.
- Global Payments Inc (GPN): GPN stock is down 0.5% today.
- Onebeacon Insurance Group (OB): OB stock is down 0.5% today.
- Banco Santander-Chile Ads (BSAC): BSAC stock is down 0.5% today.
- Balckrock Build America Trust (BBN): BBN stock is down 0.3% today.
- Radian Group Inc (RDN): RDN stock is down 0.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.