Financial stocks rose broadly on Wall Street on Friday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.2%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 0.2%, the Nasdaq was unchanged and the S&P 500 was up 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Bancolombia S.A. (CIB): CIB stock is up 1.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- American National Insurance (ANAT): ANAT stock is up 1.1% today.
- Wells Fargo & Company (WFC): WFC stock is up 1.0% to $50.78, near the 52-week high of $50.70.
- Regions Financial Corp (RF): RF stock is up 0.9% today.
- National Penn Bancshares (NPBC): NPBC stock is up 0.9% today.
- Investors Bancorp (ISBC): ISBC stock is up 0.8% today on 6 times normal volume.
- Ocwen Financial Corp (OCN): OCN stock is up 0.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Eaton Vance Tax-Managed Diversified Equity (ETY): ETY stock is up 0.8% to a new 52-week high of $11.61.
- Annaly Capital Management Inc (NLY): NLY stock is up 0.8% today.
- Credicorp Ltd (BAP): BAP stock is up 0.7% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Financial Engines (FNGN): FNGN stock is down 3.2% today.
- Verisk Analytics (VRSK): VRSK stock is down 2.7% today on 3 times normal volume.
- First Bancorp (FBP): FBP stock is down 2.6% today.
- Bofi Holding (BOFI): BOFI stock is down 2.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Nomura Holdings Inc ADR (NMR): NMR stock is down 1.8% today.
- Virtus Investment Partners (VRTS): VRTS stock is down 1.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Euronet Worldwide (EEFT): EEFT stock is down 1.8% today.
- Banco Santander-Chile Ads (BSAC): BSAC stock is down 1.5% today.
- Corpbanca (BCA): BCA stock is down 1.6% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Banco De Chile (BCH): BCH stock is down 1.4% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.