Financial stocks rose broadly on Wall Street so far on Monday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.6%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.7%, the Nasdaq increased 1.1% and the S&P 500 climbed 0.7%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Icici Bank Limited (IBN): IBN stock is up 4.4% to a new 52-week high of $50.63.
- Mgic Investment Corp (MTG): MTG stock is up 3.9% today.
- Hdfc Bank Limited (HDB): HDB stock is up 3.5% to a new 52-week high of $45.35.
- Envestnet Inc (ENV): ENV stock is up 2.6% today.
- TCF Financial Corp (TCB): TCB stock is up 2.3% today.
- Gamco Investors (GBL): GBL stock is up 2.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Nationstar Mortgage Holdngs I (NSM): NSM stock is up 2.9% today.
- Wisdomtree Invstmnts (WETF): WETF stock is up 1.8% today.
- Banco Macro S.A. (BMA): BMA stock is up 2.0% today.
- MSCI Inc (MSCI): MSCI stock is up 2.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Apollo Global Management Llc C (APO): APO stock is down 3.4% today.
- The Carlyle Group L.P. (CG): CG stock is down 2.3% today.
- Harbinger Group Inc (HRG): HRG stock is down 2.1% today.
- Barclays Plc (BCS): BCS stock is down 1.4% today.
- Svb Financial Group (SIVB): SIVB stock is down 0.8% today.
- Shinhan Financial Group Co Ltd (SHG): SHG stock is down 0.8% today.
- Encore Capital Group Inc (ECPG): ECPG stock is down 0.7% today.
- Mizuho Financial Group (MFG): MFG stock is down 0.5% today.
- Calamos Convertible and High (CHY): CHY stock is down 0.8% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.