Financial stocks rose broadly on Wall Street on Thursday morning, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.5%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.4%, the Nasdaq was up 0.4% and the S&P 500 climbed 0.4%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Nationstar Mortgage Holdngs I (NSM): NSM stock is up 5.0% today.
- Barclays Plc (BCS): BCS stock is up 7.1% today.
- Assured Guaranty Ltd (AGO): AGO stock is up 4.8% today.
- Protective Life Corp (PL): PL stock is up 4.0% today.
- Prudential Financial Inflation Retail (PRU): PRU stock is up 3.4% today.
- Ocwen Financial Corp (OCN): OCN stock is up 2.1% today.
- Health Net Inc (HNT): HNT stock is up 2.6% to a new 52-week high of $38.38.
- First Bancorp (FBP): FBP stock is up 2.1% today.
- Financial Engines (FNGN): FNGN stock is up 1.9% today.
- Mgic Investment Corp (MTG): MTG stock is up 2.7% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Phh Corp (PHH): PHH stock is down 4.5%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Annaly Capital Management Inc (NLY): NLY stock is down 4.0% today.
- Intercontinentalexchange (ICE): ICE stock is down 4.1% today.
- Oaktree Capital Group Llc (OAK): OAK stock is down 2.8% today.
- Bankrate Inc (RATE): RATE stock is down 2.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Alliance Capital Management L.P. (AB): AB stock is down 3.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- American Capital (ACAS): ACAS stock is down 2.2% today.
- National Bank of Greece Sa (NBG): NBG stock is down 2.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Fifth Street Finance Corp (FSC): FSC stock is down 2.0% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.