Financial stocks declined on Wall Street on Wednesday, down 0.2%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was steady, the Nasdaq fell 0.3% and the S&P 500 remained flat.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Ocwen Financial Corp (OCN): OCN stock is up 2.6% today.
- National Bank of Greece Sa (NBG): NBG stock is up 2.1% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Och-Ziff Capital Management (OZM): OZM stock is up 1.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Tortoise MLP Fund (NTG): NTG stock is up 1.4% today.
- Phh Corp (PHH): PHH stock is up 1.4% today.
- Old Republic International Corp (ORI): ORI stock is up 1.2%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Cash America International (CSH): CSH stock is up 1.2% today.
- First American Corp (FAF): FAF stock is up 1.1% today.
- Discover Financial Services (DFS): DFS stock is up 1.1%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- The Carlyle Group L.P. (CG): CG stock is up 0.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Affiliated Managers Group (AMG): AMG stock is down 2.2% today.
- Lincoln National Corp (LNC): LNC stock is down 2.0% today.
- Marketaxess Holdings (MKTX): MKTX stock is down 1.9% today.
- Selective Insurance Group (SIGI): SIGI stock is down 1.8% today.
- American National Insurance (ANAT): ANAT stock is down 1.8% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Cvb Financial Corp (CVBF): CVBF stock is down 1.6% today.
- First Republic Bank (FRC): FRC stock is down 1.6% today.
- Prudential Financial Inflation Retail (PRU): PRU stock is down 1.5% today.
- Bancorpsouth Inc (BXS): BXS stock is down 1.5% today.
- Lpl Investment Holdings Inc (LPLA): LPLA stock is down 1.4% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.