Financial stocks rose broadly on Wall Street on Wednesday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 1.3%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 0.6%, the Nasdaq declined 0.3% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.6% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Unitedhealth Group Inc (UNH): UNH stock is up 3.5%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Och-Ziff Capital Management (OZM): OZM stock is up 3.2% today.
- Genworth Financial Inc (GNW): GNW stock is up 3.3% today.
- International Bancshares Corp (IBOC): IBOC stock is up 3.0% today.
- MBIA Inc (MBI): MBI stock is up 2.9% today.
- Stifel Financial Corp (SF): SF stock is up 2.7% today.
- Kcg Holdings Inc (KCG): KCG stock is up 2.7% today.
- Aetna Inc (AET): AET stock is up 2.7% today.
- Assured Guaranty Ltd (AGO): AGO stock is up 2.3% today.
- Selective Insurance Group (SIGI): SIGI stock is up 2.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- CBOE Holdings (CBOE): CBOE stock is down 1.8% today.
- Phh Corp (PHH): PHH stock is down 1.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Washington Federal (WAFD): WAFD stock is down 1.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Ocwen Financial Corp (OCN): OCN stock is down 1.3%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Bofi Holding (BOFI): BOFI stock is down 1.3% today.
- Home Loan Servicing Solutions (HLSS): HLSS stock is down 1.2% today.
- Central Fund of Canada (CEF): CEF stock is down 1.1% today.
- Euronet Worldwide (EEFT): EEFT stock is down 1.1%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Administradora De Fondos De Pensiones (PVD): PVD stock is down 1.1% today.
- Harbinger Group Inc (HRG): HRG stock is down 0.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.