Financial stocks advanced 0.3% on Wall Street so far on Thursday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.2%, the Nasdaq pushed 0.3% higher and the S&P 500 climbed 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Woori Finance Holdings Co Ltd (WF): WF stock is up 6.3% today.
- Phh Corp (PHH): PHH stock is up 4.3% today.
- Toronto Dominion Bank (TD): TD stock is up 2.6% today.
- Nomura Holdings Inc ADR (NMR): NMR stock is up 2.6%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- First Citizens Bancshares (FCNCA): FCNCA stock is up 2.3% today.
- Icici Bank Limited (IBN): IBN stock is up 2.4% to a new 52-week high of $51.96.
- Royal Bank of Canada (RY): RY stock is up 2.0% to a new 52-week high of $69.37.
- Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group Inc (SMFG): SMFG stock is up 1.8% today.
- China Life Insurance Company Limited (LFC): LFC stock is up 1.6% today.
- Governor and Company of The Bank of Ireland (IRE): IRE stock is up 1.6% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Aegon Nv (AEG): AEG stock is down 3.0% today.
- KKR & Co. L.P. (KKR): KKR stock is down 2.3% today.
- Itau Unibanco Banco Holding Sa (ITUB): ITUB stock is down 1.6%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Banco Bradesco Sa (BBD): BBD stock is down 1.9%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Aflac Incorporated (AFL): AFL stock is down 1.3% today.
- Banco Santander (SAN): SAN stock is down 1.3% today.
- National Bank of Greece Sa (NBG): NBG stock is down 0.6% today.
- Ims Health Holdings Inc. (IMS): IMS stock is down 0.9% today.
- Banco Santander Brasil Sa (BSBR): BSBR stock is down 1.0% today.
- Prudential Public Limited Company (PUK): PUK stock is down 0.7% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.