Healthcare stocks declined on Wall Street on Wednesday morning, down 0.4%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.2% higher, the Nasdaq was down 0.5% and the S&P 500 rose 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Abbvie Inc. Common Stock (ABBV): ABBV stock is up 1.9% today.
- Wellcare Group (WCG): WCG stock is up 1.7% today.
- Carefusion Corp (CFN): CFN stock is up 1.5% today.
- Fresenius Medical Care Corp (FMS): FMS stock is up 1.3% today.
- Hospira Inc (HSP): HSP stock is up 0.9% today.
- Opko Health Inc (OPK): OPK stock is up 0.9% today.
- Covance Inc (CVD): CVD stock is up 0.7% today.
- Charles River Laboratories Intl (CRL): CRL stock is up 0.5% today.
- Questcor Pharmaceuticals (QCOR): QCOR stock is up 0.8%, marking the seventh consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Quest Diagnostics Inc (DGX): DGX stock is up 0.7% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Acadia Pharmaceuticals Inc (ACAD): ACAD stock is down 8.8% today.
- Myriad Genetics (MYGN): MYGN stock is down 9.5% today.
- Perrigo Company (PRGO): PRGO stock is down 7.8% today.
- Thoratec Corp (THOR): THOR stock is down 5.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- NPS Pharmaceuticals (NPSP): NPSP stock is down 6.8% today.
- Theravance (THRX): THRX stock is down 4.8% to a new 52-week low of $25.89.
- Ligand Pharmaceuticals Inc (LGND): LGND stock is down 4.3% today.
- Ironwood Pharmaceuticals (IRWD): IRWD stock is down 3.6% today.
- Lannett Co Inc (LCI): LCI stock is down 3.6% today.
- Isis Pharmaceuticals (ISIS): ISIS stock is down 3.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.