Healthcare stocks finished up 0.2% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average stayed level, the Nasdaq was unchanged and the S&P 500 remained flat.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Cardinal Health (CAH): CAH stock is up 1.8%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Pdl Biopharma (PDLI): PDLI stock is up 1.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Shire Plc American Depositary Shares (SHPG): SHPG stock is up 1.4% today.
- Forest Laboratories (FRX): FRX stock is up 1.3% today.
- Eli Lilly and Company (LLY): LLY stock is up 1.0% today.
- Abbott Laboratories (ABT): ABT stock is up 1.0%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Allergan Inc (AGN): AGN stock is up 1.0% today and up 33.4% in the last month.
- Wellcare Group (WCG): WCG stock is up 1.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Merck & Company (MRK): MRK stock is up 0.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Community Health Systems (CYH): CYH stock is up 0.8% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Mwi Veterinary Supply (MWIV): MWIV stock is down 4.8% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Celldex Therapeutics Inc (CLDX): CLDX stock is down 4.0% today.
- NPS Pharmaceuticals (NPSP): NPSP stock is down 2.9% today.
- Impax Laboratories (IPXL): IPXL stock is down 2.8% today.
- West Pharmaceutical Services (WST): WST stock is down 2.5% today.
- Ariad Pharmaceuticals (ARIA): ARIA stock is down 2.1% today.
- Immunogen (IMGN): IMGN stock is down 2.1% today.
- Heartware International (HTWR): HTWR stock is down 2.0% today.
- Techne Corp (TECH): TECH stock is down 2.0% today.
- Neogen Corp (NEOG): NEOG stock is down 1.8% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.