Healthcare stocks finished up broadly on Wall Street on Thursday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.6%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 0.2%, the Nasdaq was up 0.4% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.2% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- China Biologic Products (CBPO): CBPO stock is up 7.9% today on 5 times normal volume.
- Cantel Medical (CMN): CMN stock is up 3.5% today.
- Opko Health Inc (OPK): OPK stock is up 3.0% today.
- Wright Medical Group (WMGI): WMGI stock is up 2.9% today.
- Impax Laboratories (IPXL): IPXL stock is up 2.8% today.
- Perrigo Company (PRGO): PRGO stock is up 2.8% today.
- Insulet Corp (PODD): PODD stock is up 2.3% today.
- Exact Sciences Corp (EXAS): EXAS stock is up 2.2% today.
- Incyte Corp (INCY): INCY stock is up 2.2% today.
- Actavis Inc (ACT): ACT stock is up 2.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Questcor Pharmaceuticals (QCOR): QCOR stock is down 0.8% today.
- Arena Pharmaceuticals (ARNA): ARNA stock is down 0.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Mannkind Corp (MNKD): MNKD stock is down 0.5% today and down 22.0% in the last month.
- Conmed Corp (CNMD): CNMD stock is down 0.5%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Intuitive Surgical (ISRG): ISRG stock is down 0.5% today.
- Chemed Inc (CHE): CHE stock is down 0.2%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Pdl Biopharma (PDLI): PDLI stock is down 0.2% today.
- Hospira Inc (HSP): HSP stock is down 0.2% today.
- Ariad Pharmaceuticals (ARIA): ARIA stock is down 0.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Quest Diagnostics Inc (DGX): DGX stock is down 0.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.