Healthcare stocks declined broadly on Wall Street on Tuesday morning, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.4%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 0.3%, the Nasdaq fell 0.2% and the S&P 500 was down 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Clovis Oncology Inc (CLVS): CLVS stock is up 5.8% today.
- Community Health Systems (CYH): CYH stock is up 2.3% today.
- Astrazeneca Plc (AZN): AZN stock is up 2.0% today.
- Mannkind Corp (MNKD): MNKD stock is up 3.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Taro Pharm Inds (TARO): TARO stock is up 1.2% today.
- Select Medical Holdings Corp (SEM): SEM stock is up 1.1% today.
- Valeant Pharmaceuticals International (VRX): VRX stock is up 1.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Arena Pharmaceuticals (ARNA): ARNA stock is up 0.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Allergan Inc (AGN): AGN stock is up 0.8% today.
- Lifepoint Hospitals (LPNT): LPNT stock is up 0.6% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Puma Biotechnology (PBYI): PBYI stock is down 2.8% today.
- Cantel Medical (CMN): CMN stock is down 2.6% today.
- Lannett Co Inc (LCI): LCI stock is down 3.0% today.
- Mwi Veterinary Supply (MWIV): MWIV stock is down 3.0% today.
- Ironwood Pharmaceuticals (IRWD): IRWD stock is down 2.1% today and down 20.3% in the last month.
- Neogen Corp (NEOG): NEOG stock is down 2.7% today.
- Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc (VRTX): VRTX stock is down 2.2% today.
- Msa Safety Inc. (MSA): MSA stock is down 2.3% today.
- Cooper Companies (COO): COO stock is down 2.3% today.
- NPS Pharmaceuticals (NPSP): NPSP stock is down 2.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.