Healthcare stocks finished flat today on Wall Street.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.5%, the Nasdaq declined 0.5% and the S&P 500 was down 0.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Hms Holdings Corp (HMSY): HMSY stock is up 5.5% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Community Health Systems (CYH): CYH stock is up 2.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc (VRTX): VRTX stock is up 1.5% today.
- Celgene Corp (CELG): CELG stock is up 1.2% today.
- Amgen Inc (AMGN): AMGN stock is up 1.1% today.
- Merck & Company (MRK): MRK stock is up 1.1%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Haemonetics Corp (HAE): HAE stock is up 1.0% today.
- Novartis Ag (NVS): NVS stock is up 0.9% to a new 52-week high of $89.24.
- Gilead Sciences (GILD): GILD stock is up 0.8% today and up 21.2% in the last month.
- Abbott Laboratories (ABT): ABT stock is up 0.7%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Pacira Pharmaceuticals (PCRX): PCRX stock is down 2.7% today.
- Msa Safety Inc. (MSA): MSA stock is down 2.1% today.
- Puma Biotechnology (PBYI): PBYI stock is down 2.1% today.
- Alnylam Pharmaceuticals (ALNY): ALNY stock is down 2.1% today.
- Insulet Corp (PODD): PODD stock is down 2.0% today.
- Thoratec Corp (THOR): THOR stock is down 1.8% today.
- Wellcare Group (WCG): WCG stock is down 1.7% today.
- Owens & Minor (OMI): OMI stock is down 1.6% today.
- Steris Corp (STE): STE stock is down 1.5% today.
- Taro Pharm Inds (TARO): TARO stock is down 1.4%, marking the eighth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.