Healthcare stocks finished up broadly on Wall Street on Thursday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.8%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.5%, the Nasdaq was up 0.6% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.5% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Intuitive Surgical (ISRG): ISRG stock is up 2.8% today.
- Cardinal Health (CAH): CAH stock is up 2.4%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Merck & Company (MRK): MRK stock is up 2.3% today.
- Laboratory Corporation of America Holdings (LH): LH stock is up 2.3% today.
- Wellcare Group (WCG): WCG stock is up 1.9% today.
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Company (BMY): BMY stock is up 1.8% today.
- Sarepta Therapeutics Inc (SRPT): SRPT stock is up 1.8% today.
- Valeant Pharmaceuticals International (VRX): VRX stock is up 1.8% today.
- Mylan Inc (MYL): MYL stock is up 1.8%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc (VRTX): VRTX stock is up 1.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Techne Corp (TECH): TECH stock is down 1.8% today.
- Lannett Co Inc (LCI): LCI stock is down 0.9% today.
- Alnylam Pharmaceuticals (ALNY): ALNY stock is down 0.9% today and down 20.5% in the last month.
- Celldex Therapeutics Inc (CLDX): CLDX stock is down 0.9% today.
- Select Medical Holdings Corp (SEM): SEM stock is down 0.9% today.
- Acorda Therapeutics (ACOR): ACOR stock is down 0.8% today.
- Opko Health Inc (OPK): OPK stock is down 0.6% today.
- Eli Lilly and Company (LLY): LLY stock is down 0.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Steris Corp (STE): STE stock is down 0.2% today.
- Covidien Plc. (COV): COV stock is down 0.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.