Healthcare stocks advanced broadly on Wall Street so far on Wednesday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.7%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.6% higher, the Nasdaq rose 0.6% and the S&P 500 climbed 0.6%.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Puma Biotechnology (PBYI): PBYI stock is up 5.0% today.
- Auxilium Pharmaceuticals (AUXL): AUXL stock is up 4.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Isis Pharmaceuticals (ISIS): ISIS stock is up 3.1% today.
- Align Technology (ALGN): ALGN stock is up 3.3% today.
- Alnylam Pharmaceuticals (ALNY): ALNY stock is up 2.5% today.
- Celldex Therapeutics Inc (CLDX): CLDX stock is up 3.3% today.
- Exact Sciences Corp (EXAS): EXAS stock is up 2.7% today.
- Community Health Systems (CYH): CYH stock is up 2.7% today.
- Astrazeneca Plc (AZN): AZN stock is up 2.5% today.
- Mannkind Corp (MNKD): MNKD stock is up 2.1%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Conmed Corp (CNMD): CNMD stock is down 1.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Carefusion Corp (CFN): CFN stock is down 1.2% today.
- Hms Holdings Corp (HMSY): HMSY stock is down 0.9% today.
- Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd (RDY): RDY stock is down 0.6% today.
- Abbott Laboratories (ABT): ABT stock is down 0.4% today.
- Resmed Inc (RMD): RMD stock is down 0.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.