Healthcare stocks fell broadly on Wall Street on Tuesday morning, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.4%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.4%, the Nasdaq declined 0.4% and the S&P 500 was down 0.4%.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Wellcare Group (WCG): WCG stock is up 4.4% today.
- Pacira Pharmaceuticals (PCRX): PCRX stock is up 3.1%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Arena Pharmaceuticals (ARNA): ARNA stock is up 1.9%, marking the seventh consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Tenet Healthcare Corp (THC): THC stock is up 2.4% today.
- Incyte Corp (INCY): INCY stock is up 1.3%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Seattle Genetics (SGEN): SGEN stock is up 0.6% today.
- Lifepoint Hospitals (LPNT): LPNT stock is up 1.0%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd (TEVA): TEVA stock is up 1.0% today.
- Eli Lilly and Company (LLY): LLY stock is up 1.2% today.
- Carefusion Corp (CFN): CFN stock is up 0.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Mwi Veterinary Supply (MWIV): MWIV stock is down 6.7% today.
- Hanger Orthopedic Group (HGR): HGR stock is down 6.2% to a new 52-week low of $31.53.
- Hms Holdings Corp (HMSY): HMSY stock is down 3.4% today.
- Auxilium Pharmaceuticals (AUXL): AUXL stock is down 2.2% today.
- Nektar Therapeutics (NKTR): NKTR stock is down 2.3% today.
- Ironwood Pharmaceuticals (IRWD): IRWD stock is down 2.6% today.
- Alexion Pharmaceuticals (ALXN): ALXN stock is down 2.3% today.
- Fresenius Medical Care Corp (FMS): FMS stock is down 2.0% today.
- Ariad Pharmaceuticals (ARIA): ARIA stock is down 2.2% today.
- Alnylam Pharmaceuticals (ALNY): ALNY stock is down 1.7% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.