Technology stocks rose 0.6% on Wall Street on Thursday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.5% higher, the Nasdaq was up 0.6% and the S&P 500 increased 0.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among technology stocks include:
- Accelerate Diagnostics Inc (AXDX): AXDX stock is up 6.8% to a new 52-week high of $24.44.
- 21Vianet Group Inc (VNET): VNET stock is up 3.1% today.
- Sunpower Corp (SPWR): SPWR stock is up 2.6%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Tibco Software (TIBX): TIBX stock is up 2.2% today.
- Spansion Inc (CODE): CODE stock is up 2.2% to a new 52-week high of $19.26.
- Athenahealth (ATHN): ATHN stock is up 2.2%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Internet Initiative Japan (IIJI): IIJI stock is up 2.1% today.
- Activision Blizzard Inc (ATVI): ATVI stock is up 2.1% today.
- Linkedin (LNKD): LNKD stock is up 2.0% today.
- Mindray Medical International Limited (MR): MR stock is up 1.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among technology stocks include:
- Hittite Microwave Corp (HITT): HITT stock is down 1.5% today.
- Applied Materials (AMAT): AMAT stock is down 1.3% today.
- Omnivision Technologies (OVTI): OVTI stock is down 1.2% today.
- Nic Inc (EGOV): EGOV stock is down 1.2% today.
- Monotype Imaging Holdings Inc (TYPE): TYPE stock is down 1.1% today.
- Hubbell Inc A (HUB.A): HUB.A stock is down 1.0% today.
- Bottomline Technologies (EPAY): EPAY stock is down 1.0% today.
- Azz Inc (AZZ): AZZ stock is down 0.9% today.
- Cognex Corp (CGNX): CGNX stock is down 0.9% today.
- Lg Display Co. Limited American (LPL): LPL stock is down 0.9% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.